Hyde Harrington Privacy Notice
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force on the 25th May 2018 introduces changes to the information that an organisation must provide to individuals relating to how it uses and stores personal data. This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us, how we will collect and process your personal data through use of our website and during and after use of any of the services provided by us. It also explains how we will store and handle and keep that data safe.
Please be assured that there is no action for you to take and this Privacy Notice is for information purposes only.
Hyde Harrington is a limited company registered in England, no. 3946511. The registered office is Alexandria House, 3 Wavell Drive, Rosehill, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 2ST.
We are a firm of Chartered Surveyors & Chartered Planners regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors no. 016139.
Hyde Harrington operates a website which can be found at www.hydeharrington.co.uk
Hyde Harrington are data controllers under data protection legislation and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, reg. no. Z6011370. Offices registered are:
Alexandria House, 3 Wavell Drive, Rosehill, Carlisle, CA1 2ST & 91/93 Stricklandgate, Kendal, LA9 4RA
How do Hyde Harrington collect personal information about you?
We collect information directly from you when you contact us by telephone, letter, fax, email or when you complete a form online to receive further information or contact.
Your personal data may also be obtained from other professionals such as solicitors, accountants, surveyors, banks/building societies.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources such as Land Registry and social media platforms.
What personal information may Hyde Harrington collect about you?
Collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Date of birth.
- Email address.
- Telephone numbers.
- Business name.
- Job title.
- Profession, including employer’s name and remuneration.
- Marital status.
- Payment information.
- Photographic identification such as copies of your passport, driving licence, ID card.
- Financial information such as tax status, income and other revenues, asset and investment values, bank account details, debts and expenses, insurance and legal documentation.
- Health details.
- Data from your interactions with us.
- Information about your use of our website such as your IP address which identifies your computer, including personal data gathered by cookies.
- We may also collect aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- Other details that you, or a representative acting on your behalf, may tell us through correspondence with either of us.
We need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations when using one of our many services.
On what basis do Hyde Harrington use your personal information?
We only use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so and for the purposes of:
- In order for us to perform its contractual obligations with you.
- To provide you with the services you have requested.
- For employment purposes.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- For our legitimate interests.
- To provide you with marketing brochures of properties, if you would like to receive these.
How do Hyde Harrington keep information safe?
Hyde Harrington take a number of steps to protect the privacy and security of your information against unauthorised access, modification or misuse.
We use services provided by reputable security providers and your information is accessed on a needs only basis.
The security of information is very important to us and we have measures in place including, but not limited to:
- Our client files are stored on our secure servers and client management systems. Access is restricted on our client systems to those within the business who are required to have access to your information for legitimate business purposes.
- Hard copy documentation is stored in locked cabinets or stores.
Training is provided to employees and workers who need access to personal information.
How long will Hyde Harrington keep your personal information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary, for the purposes we collected it for and, to comply with any regulatory requirements or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim. After this period, we will erase your personal information.
Your personal information will also be deleted if you withdraw consent to processing or the data is no longer required or is inaccurate.
Who may Hyde Harrington share your information with?
We may share your personal information with:
- Credit reference agencies.
- Debt collectors.
- When required by law and/or government or regulatory authorities.
- Government Departments including the Department for Work and Pensions and HMRC.
- Law enforcement agencies and fraud prevention agencies where we are required to do so by law.
- Our licensing body ie. Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Other professional bodies such as solicitors, accountants, auditors, insurers.
Hyde Harrington will not sell or share your personal details with third parties for them to use for marketing purposes.
Processing & protecting data outside the United Kingdom
The EEA (European Economic Area) includes all EU member countries. We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to a third party data processor in countries that are outside the EEA such as the USA. For example, this might be required when we store data in a Cloud.
We use a number of suppliers for the operation of our business who may have access to the personal information we process. This could be an IT supplier providing software support to us.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA and we will treat the information under the guiding principles of this Privacy Notice.
What are your rights with respect to your personal information?
Under applicable law, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal information.
- Request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal information or object to that processing. (Please note that if we cannot collect or process your personal information we may not be able to continue operating the service you require).
- Request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable format, of the personal information that you have provided to us.
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk) if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
- Object to direct marketing. Where we collect your consent to send you marketing communications, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights you have with regard to your personal information that Hyde Harrington processes, please email the office manager firstname.lastname@example.org